Friday stores a number of special settings that control various aspects of how it behaves, the appearance of its HTML and so forth.
To change Friday's settings, click Settings.
Here's an explanation of each:
- Title The title of the site; this appears in the browser's title bar on each page of the site and at the top of the Full FAQ if you have Friday generate one.
- Heading This is the heading that appears at the top of the main FAQ page
- Home and Link Text Friday automatically generates links back to your home page in several places. Home and Link Text are the URL for your home page and the link text you'd like to have appear in each such home page link, respectively.
- Font and Fontsize Sets the font and font size used for the HTML text that Friday generates. We plan to add other appearance items as users request them.
- IndexFile The filename of the main FAQ page that you want Friday to generate. Most web servers have a default index page they'll look for and serve up when a visitor to your site doesn't specify a particular HTML file. For example, suppose you create a Fudge Factor FAQ and store it off your main site in a directory called /fudge. Your web server's default index page file name is index.html. You'd want to have Friday generate index.html as the Index file so that visitors to your new FAQ site could use a URL like www.yoursite.com/fudge
- HTMLDir The name of a subdirectory of the main FAQ directory on your hard drive where you want Friday to create HTML files ( no backslashes please ). It's easier to keep track of your FAQ if you let Friday put the HTML files it creates in a different directory from the one where you keep your main Friday files.
- FTPsite Your FTP site/domain ... the site you want Friday to log into when you ask it to upload your HTML files to your web site.
- Username and Password The user name and password you use to log onto your web server for uploads
- UploadTo The full path to the directory on your web server where you want Friday to upload the HTML files it generates
Last edited on 7/10/2003 5:38:06 PM
Naturally, all content & site maintenance by
Friday The Automatic FAQ Maker