What is a FAQ? What's it good for?
FAQ is internet shorthand for "Frequently Asked Questions" or more specifically, a list of frequently asked questions and their answers.
A well-organized FAQ on your web site can be an invaluable resource ...
For people who are seeking information
- They can quickly find the information they need
- They can read it on the spot or print it out/save it to disk for later reference
For the business or organization that has information to share
- Answers to common questions are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to anyone, anywhere in the world who needs them, and at virtually no staffing cost.
- A FAQ page on the web never gets tired or bored of answering the same questions over and over; meanwhile, valuable staff time can be invested in answering the more interesting and challenging questions that need a live person's touch.
- There's no need to train staff to answer the basic questions. Write the questions and answers once, maintain them as needed, and let the FAQ do the rest
In short, a FAQ is an excellent way to make your information easy to access.
Friday makes it easy to create and maintain FAQs.
Last edited on 9/26/2001 6:17:56 PM
Naturally, all content & site maintenance by
Friday The Automatic FAQ Maker